These complimentary meetings are regional based and intended for stable owners, managers, operators, staff and anyone interested in one day boarding horses at their property or equine friendly facilities as defined by the Alberta Stables Initiative. The meetings are intended to educate about the future of the stable industry in Alberta, stable business practices, herd & barn management, disease control & emergency planning and exploring resources for multi horse operations. Meetings are FREE and open to anyone interested in attending.
Regions consist of the following 20 locations and their surrounding areas. Regional meeting dates for 2011 are in green, 2012 are in orange:
- Airdrie - April 1st, 1:00, Airdrie Agricultural Centre , 97 East Lake Ramp NE, Theatre
- Edmonton North (St. Albert) - March 11th, Horse Sence Training & Petting Zoo, 1:00pm
- Grande Prairie - March 14th Evergreen park, TEC Centre
- Red Deer - March 25th, Westerner Park, 1:00pm, Trailblazer Room
- Wainwright - March 10th, Rocking M Stables 1:00pm 780-842-7115
- Edmonton - March 9th, Whitemud Equine Centre Association 3:30pm, 780-435-3597
- Leduc - March 14tb, Leduc Agri-food Business Centre, 1:00, 6547 Sparrow Dr.
- Cochrane - March 22nd, Cochrane & District Agricultural Society, 403-932-3250
- Calgary South - March 17th, Spruce Meadows 1:00pm, Riding Hall Lounge
- Rocky Mountain House - March 22nd, Clearwater County Main Administrative Office, 1:00 4340, 47th Ave
- Olds - March 24th, 1:00pm Olds College, DMP Lecture Theatre (Room 101)
- Ardrossan/Sherwood Park - March 12th, 2:30 Strathcona Community Centre, 401 Festival Lane, T8A 5P7
- Edson/Hinton - March 13th, 2:00 Edson & District Recreation Centre, North Lounge Second floor
- Strathmore - March 28th, 1:00, Strathmore Travelodge, 350 Ridge Road, Hwy 1, 403-901-0000
- High River - April 21st, 1:00, High River Agricultural Society, 403-652-7660
- Medicine Hat - April 19th, Medicine Hat Exhibition and Stampede 1:00pm
- Lethbridge - April 18th, Rocky Mountain Turf Club, 1:00 Greatest Room, 3401 Parkside Dr.
- Stony Plain – March 10, 3:00 pm at the Stony Plain & Parkland Pioneer Museum Tea House 5120-41 Ave Stony Plain, AB T7Z 1V6 *This meeting is taking place after The Annual Stony Plain New & Used Tack Sale March 10, 2012, 10am - 2pm at the Heritage Pavilion
- Athabasca – March 11, 2:00 pm at the Athabasca Agriplex, Main Hall
- Calgary – March 12, 2:30 pm at Kestrel Ridge Farm in Springbank
242002 Range Road 32, Calgary, AB T3Z 0A8